Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Dream: A Strange Conversation

I know I dream about a lot of people. This dream surprised me a bit, though. I don't see the personin it a lot. Actually, the only times we see each other are on the days I find myself needing to work a couple of extra hours in the morning in the lab. This person isn't really a close friend, although I would like to think he's my friend. I am better acquainted with his girlfriend who was my blockmate.

We were talking about her, his girlfriend of how many years. I don't really remember how we got to that point and I'm not bothering to think about it. Dreams are like that, right? Some things just happen for no apparent reason. They just work out that way. Anyway, we were talking about her family at first. And then, I brought *him* up, this other guy whom his girlfriend cared a little too much about.
"Do you know what their relationship was? How she really felt about him?' I remember being unbelievably curious in my dream (something that's not really far off from real life). I knew I was pushing it. The topic wasn't his favorite.
He seemed unhappy with the answer he had to give if he were to be honest. "Hindi ko pala siya ganoon ka kilala."
Wow... apparently, he had no idea where this other guy stood in the life of his girlfriend. It seemed to me, in my dream, that he had chosen to ignore the issue or she had opted to hide it from him. I was tempted to tell him about an incident where his girlfriend appeared to be jealous of me for hanging out with the other guy. When I woke up, I was still debating with myself whether or not I would speak up.
In real life, I would probably choose not to. My life has enough conflicts as it is. Their lives are already far too complex and intertwined as they are. Romantic love is supposed to be between two people. The inextricable knots should just be between two strings fates and not more, else, it becomes chaotic and the fates become indistinguishable.

No comments: